Thursday, May 26, 2011

3rd weigh in!

Well I had my 3rd weigh in last night, and I lost .8 of a pound! That's almost a whole pound! Now, why do I feel better about losing .8 instead of .4. Well, because it's more, obviously! I've figured that even if you only have a .4 loss, it's still a loss and needs to be celebrated.

I've been feeling really shitty all week long, pretty sure I have a sinus infection again. If I do, it'll be my 3rd this year. Usually I get one a year, just one! I have no idea what's going on. It's making me pretty nauseous which is the feeling I hate the most. Nausea is generally something I feel from migraines, but also with sinus infections. I absolutely hate it because when I feel like I want to puke I want to be eating bread, bread, bread! It also really helps to eat ramen, or chicken noodle soup, both of which have huge amounts of sodium and preservatives. Of course I could make it from scratch (the chicken noodle) but who wants to do that when you feel like your head should be in a toilet bowl!?

So how can I stay on track while being sick? Limit the amount of carbs I'm taking in. I had chicken noodle soup two days ago, but only had one serving, that was low sodium, instead of eating an entire can. I also made sure to drink my 12 8oz glasses of water too, to flush out any extra sodium my body might be trying to keep.

Also the other thing I do to stay on track is try to eat as normally as I can even though I don't really feel like eating at all. If I need more fruits and veggies I can squeeze them into a protein shake to keep up my intake. Plus drinking food right now feels way better than chewing and swallowing.

My Mom is baking cranberry almond cookies right now, and the house is filled with the delicious smell of cookies! Which also is making me feel ill, surprise surprise! Well at least it's a way to avoid bringing on cookies! It's also my friends Bday on Monday and she requested that I make chocolate peanut butter cupcakes! Now that is an undertaking I'm excited about. I have a amazing vegan buttercream recipe (I think it's in my first or second entry) that I'm going to turn into peanut butter buttercream!

Anyway that's all for now. I hope I feel  better soon and I'll try to update a little more. MAN I wish I didn't feel so gross because those cookies smell damn amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment