Friday, May 6, 2011

Feeling pretty good, and full. So so so full...

Second day of Weight Watchers! I have 29 points to use everyday. It's best to get to 29 points or as close as you can within a few points. Most people think the less points they eat the more weight you'll lose. WRONG! The program is designed so that you're getting optimum calories for your height/weight. Eating too little points and you wont be getting enough calories, your body will go into starvation mode and you'll lose nothing. Eat over your points (and we're not talking allowance points) constantly and you won't be losing weight because you're eating too many calories. It's all about balance!

Let's start with what I ate today:
For brunch (since I woke up at 12) 3 egg whites, red, yellow, and green sweet peppers, onions on a wheat tortilla with just a few grates of sharp cheddar cheese (like we're talking less than 1/8th of a cup)
1 orange
1 Del Monte peaches in light peach juice
1 serving fresh Blueberries
1 serving fresh Raspberries
For dinner - Hungry Girl Chow Mein recipe with fresh broccoli, bean sprouts, carrots, and mushrooms, with tofu noodles
Nature's Path Dark Chocolate Coconut granola bar
Jello Temptation Strawberry Cheesecake (150 cals! so good!)

I still have 11 points remaining for today. Since I kinda skipped over breakfast/had brunch instead I'll probably eat a sandwich before I end up falling asleep :) I might even put a thin slice of cheddar on it! Woot! I've been using wheat/whole grain sandwich thins to make sandwiches with. People often don't realize that one piece of bread is a serving. That's it. Done! But no one want to just eat half a freakin' sandwich! Using the sandwich thin totally helps you feel like you're eating two pieces of bread, but really it's only one serving.

Let's see...what else happened today? Went to Costco to stock up on more fruit and veggies since we've been going through them so fast! (Which is great!) Also picked up a case of Chobani fat free Greek yogurt. Seriously it's the best Greek yogurt I've tried, and I've eaten almost all the brands out there on the market. Chobani manages to be sweet, and a little tangy without being overwhelming. Plus it's all natural and doesn't use artificial sweeteners, which my friend swears will be the death of us.

I've also been making sure to drink tons of water. I ended up not walking outside today since it was cold, and then started raining shortly after I woke up. My Mom got off work early today so we decided to run errands together, then make dinner together. Usually it's just her making dinner and me sitting on the couch typing, or me observing her making dinner and asking lots of questions about prep. (I hate cooking meats. I'm always afraid I'll under cook it). Or it's sometimes me in the kitchen making something and my mom telling me how while she plays on the computer! So tonight it was nice that we both did it together!

I'm getting ready to head to bed here. I still have one more glass of water I need to drink, and then get rid of before I'll be able to lay down and actually sleep without having to run to the bathroom every 20 minutes XD

I hope tomorrow I feel extra motivated to walk on the treadmill! I know I need to be more active, but I'll always take another hour of sleep over working out. Always. It's a HUGE struggle to roll out of bed and throw on those exercise clothes, rather than just laze in bed for another hour. I should try setting out my exercise clothes the night before so when I wake up it's the first thing I see. Maybe that will help! Hopefully I won't just roll over and hit the snooze button :)

Anyway, feeling pretty good! Still a little bloated from eating so much fiber. Takes the body awhile to get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment