Wednesday, May 18, 2011

FINALLY!

Well, sorry for such a long time since my last post! So much has happened! I've been getting acupuncture for my migraines, had a Drs appointment, have another tomorrow with my Dermatologist, spent this past weekend away in Seattle, and went to a sporting event!

So last week was my first official weigh in, let's talk about that. I lost .4 of a lb. I was so depressed and disapointed in myself and the program that I wanted to go right to McDonalds and eat a quarter pounder and a large fry! Thankfully my Mom talked me out of it and we went home and made a delicious meal together (Hungry Girl Chow Mein) which is amazing BTW.

So how do you overcome a disappointing weigh in? Well not by eating crap! That's for sure! I knew something I was doing was wrong. Last time I was on WW I lost 5lbs in the first week! What had changed this time? Well the plan and the points system have changed...OH fruit is 0 points now! I had been eating anywhere from 5-8 servings of fruit a day. That was totally my problem. Just because fruit is free doesn't mean you should eat so many servings of it! Fruit has a lot of natural sugar, and some fruits are very carby.

OK so after getting my fruit intake to 3-4 servings a day and upping my veggie intake (Stir fry is a great way to sneak in veggies! Also homemade egg white breakfast burritos loaded with peppers, mushrooms, spinach, and onions is also a good way to sneak in veggies). I finally had a weight loss this week! I lost 2lbs! YAY! I now weigh 171! Next week I might even be down into the 160's. That would be really amazing :)

So how did I lose weight this week? Well cut back on fruit, upped veggies, I always, ALWAYS, try to drink 12 8oz glasses of water a day, and most importantly I try to track every.single.thing.I.eat! I cannot even express how important that is. Took a bit of cheesecake? Track it! Even if it's just one point, it's not free.

This past weekend I even went to a MLS game! I had 4 light beers while there. Yes, four! @_@ I think the only reason that didn't come bite me in the ass was I tracked my beers, than made sure to drink lots of water to flush my system.

I am feeling pretty dang good right about now. I can't wait for next Weds to see where I'll be then! So the moral of the story is...just keep on keeping on. If it's not working, thing about why, instead of being depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment