Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Weight Watchers!

Yay! Today was our first Weight Watchers meeting, and our first time back in over a year. It's the new PointsPlus system that encourages you to eat more fruits and veggies! I'm totally excited to be doing this again, and to be able to eat all the fruits and (most) veggies!

So my official weight was 173.6 lbs. Yikes. Still better than when I started my weight loss journey a few years ago (just over a year ago? has it been that long?) when I was at 190lbs. My BMI is still significantly lower than it was then, so at least that's something positive!

So let's start off with my eating journal for today:
24 Frosted Mini wheats for breakfast (1 serving)
w/ 1/2 c lowfat Lactaid milk
5 Giant Strawberries
1 Trader Joes Fiberful fruit leather (60 cals, 0 fat, 6 grams fiber)
1 Organic dark chocolate coconut granola bar
1 Chobani peach fat free Greek yogurt (lunch, since I had heartburn)
1 sheet (1/2 serving) low fat graham cracker
1 cup all natural applesauce
A medium sized Banana
1/2 cup mashed potatos (dinner) w/2oz chicken breast and mushroom and onions in a low fat low sodium gravy made from organic low sodium chicken broth

So I have 29 points for everyday. Today since we just found out how many points we have/how the program works at 6pm I didn't go back and figure out all my totals to see how many points I have left to today. I think I'll just eat fruits and veggies if I get hungry since they're 0 now (not all veggies, the starchy ones are still points).

I'm feeling really good. I've been drinking tons of water, walking in the gorgeous sun (with sunscreen of course), and generally just detoxing from my previous lifestyle.

I've decided to cut way back on the dairy I'm eating, since my lactose intolerance seems to be causing my severe migraines. I did end up eating a yogurt earlier because I had the worst heartburn from the turkey chili we had last night. Other than that today and yesterday were dairy free! I had a slight headache earlier but it went away after I drank a litre of water.

I'm excited to go walking again tomorrow, and I hope the weather holds out so it's nice! This weekend is supposed to be kinda shitty but it's the 20th Annual Walk/Run for the Southwest Washington Humane Society and I'd like to go to that if I can. We'll see how it goes! There's a 5K walk, which I know I'd be able to do if I didn't have plantar fasciitis. Boo feet! I also hope that if we do decide to go we can find someone to come with us who will bring their dog! Yay! Walking with dogs is def more fun than with just humans.

Anyway, my weigh in days are Weds unless something else comes up and I have to weigh in another day.

That's about it for my day! I'm dying to eat a Jello pudding cup but I'll wait. No headaches for me please!

No comments:

Post a Comment