Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Who's your biggest critic?

Who is your biggest naysayer? Is it you? Is it your family? A best friend?

How do you overcome it when someone you care about is telling you you can't do something? 


I don't know anybody, anybody who doesn't have at least one person in their life who is supporting what they're doing, or trying to do to better themselves. Sometimes its someone really close, like your Grandmother or Mother, and sometimes it's someone who isn't so close and has no right to naysay!

So how can we overcome negative thoughts and comments? Do you ever say negative things to people you care about and why?

I struggle everyday not only with myself thinking and saying negative things, but other people saying them to and about me. I'm getting better at going "OK wow, this person obviously isn't happy with themselves if they have to be so down on me!" But I also have to turn the tables and think before I say something "Is this something I would want someone to say to me?" Sometimes it's not!

So what can you do when someone says something that hurts your feelings? Ultimately I'd love to be able to say in a calm way "That was really rude, and quite frankly it hurt my feelings." At the point I'm at right now, I think it's more of just a disgusted look on my face rather than being able to express my feelings. I mean, what's the worst that could happen if I voice those feelings? So someone gets angry at me because they said something nasty!? HA!

TOMORROW IS MY FIRST WEIGH IN! YAY! I've been drinking so much water and tracking every single thing I eat, down to the last drop/crumb/slice! I even got out and walked a few times in the nice weather! Today my Mom and I washed our cars very vigorously and even earned some activity points for it! Plus it feels nice to have a clean car too (stupid trees).

I need to take a screen shot of my Weight Watchers log of everything I've eaten and how many points it is, and post it instead of typing it all out as my food log here on the blog. It's so much easier when I'm tracking on WW than typing it out here.

Well! Off to watch the last ep of Biggest Loser before the finale! Update tomorrow night after my weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment