Monday, May 2, 2011

Buying clothes when you're aero dynamically curvaceous (AKA fat)

For those of you who don't know me personally don't know that I love to shop. For things. Bags, shoes, jewelry (Juicy Couture anyone?). Clothes? Hate it. Absolutely hate it!

Have you ever gone shopping with your hot, thin friend? You know how everything fits them perfect and looks expensive no matter how cheap it is? Yeah that doesn't happen for me, ever, at all. I have to try on at least 20 pieces of clothes before I find just one thing that works. It's beyond annoying and aggravating.

Well it's that time again. My clothes are looking worn and bleh. No matter how careful I am with washing my clothes in warm water and hanging them to dry, you can only wear something for so long before the fabric starts to fade and the cotton begins to pill.

I desperately need a bra! MAN I HATE BRA SHOPPING! First of all, I am very well endowed in the chest area. That's fine and all but if you think shopping for clothes is annoying imagine trying to find a cute bra for DDDD breasts.

Not only do I need bras, I need shirts. I have like no shirts! Everything is so cute when it's so small! Bras, shoes (thankfully I have tiny feet), and shirts. Everything looks cute in sz extra small!

The other disheartening thing is whenever we go past some place like Torrid or Catherine's Big and Tall shop my mom goes "Oh let's go in there and get you some clothes!" The thing she doesn't understand is those places are actually TOO BIG for me! They usually start off as a sz 18 and sell it as a "sz 12," or "sz 1," to make you feel better about yourself. It doesn't though, and like I said it's all TOO HUGE! I'm a sz 12 - 16 depending on the brand/style/fit. Not a sz 18! I can't tell if she's being helpful or just being mean to me. I've tried telling her about 5-6 times that those places start at size 18 and not anywhere near anything small enough that will fit me, but she seems to think I'm lying...

Anyway. Today I had a Chobani fat free Greek yogurt for breakfast. A few hours later I had a organic dark chocolate and coconut granola bar with a Trader Joe's Fiberful flat fruit. For lunch I had a flat bread sandwich with low fat turkey lunch meat, a tiny bit of reduced fat mayo, and some spicy brown mustard. Yum! For dinner just now we had low fat tortilla burritos with ground turkey instead of beef! Instead of sour cream I used a dollop of Greek Fat Free Yogurt instead. And so far that's my day! Plus lots of water! Lots and lots and lots of water. You almost couldn't drink enough water. I mean you can, but my Dr said it seriously needs to be like 4 gallons or more of water before you "over hydrate."

So far I feel like today was pretty successful! My Mom brought home a cupcake from the batch she baked and took to work today. I told her I'd split it in half with her since I don't want to eat the whole thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment